Saturday, December 3, 2011

Perron's Sul Lago- Prior Lake, MN

After hearing about Perron’s Sul Lago from an old co-worker a few years ago, this has been a restaurant I have been meaning to check out for a while. Then on Thanksgiving my cousin-in-law mentioned it and so I decided this would be the next restaurant we check out. Greg and I had a nice date night last night which began with Perron’s for dinner. We had a reservation for 7:30 but were ready to go early and figured we would have a drink at the bar if we could not get in early.

Perron’s Sul Lago is located in the main level of a building that is connected to condos or apartments. The sign was subtle and we wouldn’t have seen if it we weren’t looking for it. When we walked in the small bar was to the left and the dining room was to the right. We were seated in a cozy and small booth. The restaurant was decorated beautifully and is a perfect setting for a nice date or a work dinner. Perron’s is only open for dinner from what I gathered.

Greg and I split the side Caesar salad which consisted of about four bites each, it was very small. The dressing was different than any other Caesar I have had before. It was good though. For dinner I ordered cheese ravioli with meat sauce and Greg got the sausage and peppers pasta. Both of our meals were very good. I tried a couple of their feature martinis, thin mint and chocolate. They were both delicious. Greg had a couple of their bottled seasonal beers.

For some reason this restaurant’s website is not working. It is unfortunate since you are not able to look at the menu online at all. We really didn’t know exactly what to expect other than what I have heard from people I know, that it is sort of expensive and has really good food. If you read the reviews online this restaurant has been hyped up greatly. I thought our food was very good and I really enjoyed it but I am not sure if I enjoyed it as much as the people in the reviews. I would need try some of their other entrees such as the meats to get a better opinion overall.

This was a great restaurant for a date night and I would definitely go back again. The prices of the meat entrees were on the expensive side with the filet in the mid $30’s. If it wasn’t from hearing about this restaurant from people I know, I would not have known it existed and I have never seen it advertised. I hope they get their website up and running so people can learn more about the restaurant before they visit. I apologize for not taking any pictures of this restaurant. The outside didn’t warrant any pictures, I only saw the sign when we drove by and then I forgot about it when the food came :)


Date of visit: Friday 12/2/2011- 6:45 pm
First time here: Yes
Total of bill before tip: $81.03 (2 martinis, 1 Captain, 3 beers, ravioli and sausage and peppers pasta)
Recommended: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment